Swim and SUP the Sound -June 4, 2023
Join us for our annual fundraiser, Swim & SUP the Sound 2023 sponsored by Carey Olsen with support from Leverick Bay Marina, Bitter End Yacht Club, Sunchaser Scuba and Dive BVI!
The race will take place on Sunday, June 4th starting on the beach at Bitter End Yacht Club and finishing at Leverick Bay Marina.
Not a water person? Join us for FAMILY FUN DAY & Leverick Bay’s Famous BBQ!
Racing to Save Lives at Sea!
IMPORTANT RACE DETAILS
• In order to deliver a fantastic day on the water YOU MUST be signed up before Wed, May 31, 2023.
• Day of sign-ups will not be accepted.
• The private ferry will depart from from Romasco’s Dock near The Pub at 7:45 AM SHARP and will go straight to Leverick Bay Marina. It will return to Romasco’s dock in Tortola around 3 PM. Please park at VISAR or near the Queen Elizabeth II Park and walk over. There is no public parking in front of their dock.
• All registered contestants will need to read VISAR’s Liability Release & Event Guide which includes the race map, safety instructions and race rules. This can be found under the REGISTRATION section below.
Swim and SUP Contestants will also receive a goody bag, transportation to/from Tortola to Virgin Gorda and lunch included in their entry fee.
Swim & SUP Entry Fee
• Swim or SUP with a race t-shirt: $125
• Swim or SUP no race t-shirt: $100
Cheer Squad – Tortola
• Cheer Squad BBQ and Ferry- Adult: $50
• Cheer Squad BBQ and Ferry-Child: $35
Cheer Squad – Virgin Gorda
• Cheer Squad BBQ ONLY – Adult: $25
• Cheer Squad BBQ ONLY – Child: $10
Funds raised at this event will go towards VISAR’s Mission of “SAVING LIVES AT SEA”
Swim and SUP the Sound features a Half Mile Swim; 1 Mile Swim; 2 Mile Swim or a 2.5 SUP category. For all swim categories you may also choose to swim “assisted” which allows you to race with mask, fins, snorkel or in fancy dress/costume such as your favorite superhero!
• 1 MILE SWIM: Off of a dive boat near Prickly Pear
• 2 MILE SWIM & SUP: Off of the beach at Bitter End Yacht Club
• HALF MILE SWIM: Off the fuel dock at Leverick Bay Marina
Registration opens on Tuesday, May 2 and closes on Wed, May 31
Step 1: Read VISAR’s Liability Release which can be found HERE. Once you’ve read the liability release, press the back button to return to VISAR’s website.
Step 2: VISAR will be using a Google Form for registration. Please click HERE to be connected to the form. Once you’ve submitted the Google registration form, press the back button to return to VISAR’s website.
Step 3: Once you’ve registered you will need to call Julie at 441.7465 (no WhatsApp) or 345.4801 (call or WhatsApp) to pay via credit card or to arrange drop off at VISAR’s base.
Step 4: Read VISAR’s Event Guide.